COGOP Statement: Bennet and Hickenlooper once again stand with Biden & Schumer over Colorado
Greenwood Village, Colorado. – Colorado GOP Chairwoman Kristi Burton Brown released the following statement today regarding Senator Michael Bennet and Senator John Hickenlooper’s decision to vote in favor of the partisan Inflation Reduction Act, which according to the CBO doesn’t actually decrease inflation:
“It’s shocking to me that during a recession, when Colorado families are struggling with high gas prices and record high inflation, that Michael Bennet and John Hickenlooper would vote to raise their taxes and support legislation that won’t actually decrease inflation. Moreover, neither Bennet nor Hickenlooper secured any important Colorado priorities, like keeping Space Command, in exchange for their automatic ‘yes’ vote. This vote makes it clear that Bennet is more focused on continuing to be Joe Biden’s favorite senator than on doing his job and fighting for the people of Colorado.”
– According to the Joint Committee on Taxation, the #BidenflationAct would increase taxes on Americans making more than $30,000 per year.
– According to the Joint Committee on Taxation, Americans earning less than $200,000 per year will see taxes rise by $16.7 billion in 2023, and taxpayers earning between $200,000 and $500,000 will pay $14.1 billion more.
Biden campaigned on the promise not to raise taxes on Americans making less than $400,000, making this commitment at least 60 times.
– Studies from the Tax Foundation, Penn Wharton, Moody’s, and the Congressional Budget Office all find that the Democrats’ Bidenflation Scam Bill will either make inflation worse or do basically nothing to bring down inflation.
– The Bidenflation Scam will also double the size of the IRS, increase energy costs for hardworking Americans, and give the wealthy a handout.
– Democrats themselves – including Sen. Joe Manchin, Sen. Chuck Schumer, and President Barack Obama – have admitted increasing taxes during a recession is bad policy.